The Chalhoub Group has been the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the Group has become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, the Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 12,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, and a network of over 650 retail stores, the Group's success is attributed to its most valued asset: highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuels the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By demonstrating commitment to sustainable business, the Chalhoub Group was awarded in 2014, for the second consecutive year, the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and has been accepted as a new member of the United Nations Global Compact Community.
“I am proud to have created, together with my wife Widad, the Chalhoub Group – a family business which over the past 6 decades has nurtured a strong relationship between the Middle East and the West. Experience in the region and inherent market knowledge paralleled by a unique corporate culture that harbours values of trust and respect, has led the Group to become a reference for luxury in the Middle East.”
Founder of the Chalhoub Group
Chalhoub in numbers:
- Regional coverage of 14 countries
- Over 650 retail outlets across the region
- Team of over 12,000 employees
- Over 100 nationalities
- Over 125 companies, affiliates and joint ventures
Vision & MissionThe Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955.
ValuesValues are what bind us as a Group. They are the inherent beliefs that have guided us since our inception and continue to serve as the cornerstone of our business practices and principles.
HistoryAn untapped market for international high-end brands. A couple passionate about France’s culture and its savoir-faire...
ExpertiseWith a strength of six decades in luxury across the Middle East, the Chalhoub Group is a leading player in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts.
Added valueThe Chalhoub Group’s added value relies on the strength of its teams and their drive for excellence.
Vision & Mission
Be the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East.
Our passionate teams build brands in the Middle East.
By blending our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, we offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers.
Values are what bind us as a Group. They are the inherent beliefs that have guided us since our inception and continue to serve as the cornerstone of our business practices and principles.
The Group cultivates the core values of Respect, Excellence and Entrepreneurial Spirit which are reflected in every aspect of our business and with each of our stakeholders – clients, suppliers, partners, customers and employees.
“We are all equal and I ask you to respect these principles. This moral is the cornerstone of the Chalhoub philosophy.” (Michel Chalhoub)
We create trust through tolerance, courtesy and appreciation for the people we interact with. Fairness, integrity and humility.
We believe that integrity is paramount to the success and longevity of the Group. Through transparency, honest communication and mutual respect, we are committed to upholding ethical standards that distinguish not only the quality of our work but also that of our actions. Long standing relationships with our brands, our clients and our employees, loyalty and its reciprocity are what distinguish us from others.
“Always serve as an example to someone” (Michel Chalhoub)
We live and work to a code of standards that enables us to surpass the common norm with commitment, efficiency as we seek to be a role model.
Constantly aiming to maintain and exceed the highest standards of professionalism, the Group is guided by the philosophy of being “Committed to Excellence”. That is, a commitment to our consumers by promising them the finest selection of international luxury brands, to our partners by responding with speed and efficiency whilst holding true to uncompromising standards of quality and to our people by making them our priority.
“Be demanding with yourself and constantly seek to expand your skills and develop your performance” (Michel Chalhoub)
Continuous self-assessment allows us to embrace new ideas, build creative strategies and adopt technological evolution, ensuring that we remain at the forefront of change. Leadership, Ingenuity, Team Spirit
This is the vision that ignited the Group’s creation and the spirit that has guided its expansion. It continues to be at the heart of our success and future growth.
With a strength of six decades in luxury across the Middle East, the Chalhoub Group is a leading player in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. Over the years, it has acquired intimate knowledge of each country of the Middle East, deep understanding of its consumers, and unparalleled expertise in distribution channels and retail networks.
DNA Focused On Luxury
Luxury is at the core of the Chalhoub Group’s essence since its inception, anchored in elegance, excellence and guest experience. The Group is dedicated to the three main sectors of personal luxury: beauty, fashion and gifts.
The Chalhoub Group is a leading distributor and retailer of perfumes and cosmetics. It continues to strengthen its extensive brand portfolio with renowned names such as Chanel, Coty, Dior, L’Oréal and Puig. Its market share is consolidated and its territory enlarged through:
- Expansion of its own beauty concept store, Wojooh
- Joint ventures with international brands such as Sephora
- Commercial relationship with brands such as L’Occitane
With a focus on developing and promoting exclusive networks for its prestige brands, the Chalhoub Group ensures the ultimate exposure of its fashion brands through:
- Development of standalone boutiques for fashion houses such as Carolina Herrera, Céline, Lacoste, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Tory Burch
- Joint Ventures with high-end houses including Berluti, Christian Dior Couture, Christian Louboutin, Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Chaumet
- Creation of its own concept stores such as Katakeet and level Shoe District
Gift giving is at the heart of the Middle Eastern culture. It is also where the Chalhoub family began its journey into the world of luxury with the representation of delicate objects, exceptional jewels or refined accessories.
Today, the Chalhoub Group continues to pioneer the promotion of a luxury lifestyle with:
- Established relationships with international brands such as Christofle, Baccarat, Swarovski and Tumi
- Development of luxurious retail networks, including its own concept stores, Tanagra
- An unmatched knowledge of the local and regional markets, feeding tailor-made marketing strategies
Market, Retail & Consumer Knowledge
Market knowledge: the Chalhoub Group has acquired intimate knowledge of the markets in which it operates. Rigorous analysis of competitive landscape, sector performance and industry trends enables the Chalhoub Group to closely monitor market dynamics feeding into tailor-made strategies.
Retail expertise: extensive experience and business know-how in the region’s unique distribution and retail environment has contributed to the Chalhoub Group’s expertise in diverse retail networks: from independent, selective to department stores.
Consumer insights: Quantitative and qualitative consumer research has allowed the Group to build deep understanding of the ever evolving consumers of the region, from nationals, tourists to expatriates. Insights and perspectives into consumer behaviour and attitudes provide the Group with the essential tools for growth in the region.
Brand Building In The Middle East
Over the past six decades, the Chalhoub Group succeeded in building brands in the region, from developing not yet established brands to market leaders, or further strengthening the positioning of well-known brands in strategic markets.
Acting as a bridge between the East and the West, the Group builds brands with an entrepreneurial spirit and added value from its intimate knowledge of the market, its specificities and the consumers’ attitudes and behaviours.
Aware of market requirements, the Group ensures maximum visibility and presence of its brands through tailor-made marketing online and offline, visual merchandising, buying and forecasting in both retail and distribution.
The Chalhoub Group’s added value relies on the strength of its teams and their drive for excellence. In the past six decades, the Group has created a strong presence in the different markets, created powerful collaborations, while offering unparalleled services and unique knowledge and expertise in the region. This has led the Chalhoub Group to be the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East.
Our Human Resources
Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group’s competitive edge in today’s market. True to its commitment to respect, excellence and entrepreneurial spirit, the Chalhoub Group recruits and develops highly qualified professionals, with a passion for brands and a thirst for excellence and initiative. The Group’s 100 nationalities are united by these strong values.
Specific programmes have been designed to attract and retain local national talents, reinforcing the Group’s commitment to the development of the region and its people.
Through its comprehensive learning & development and talent management programmes, the Group ensures customised professional development through skill training, team building seminars, leadership programmes and mobility across specialties and markets.
The Chalhoub Retail Academy
With an unparalleled drive in the Middle East, the Group, through its affiliates, operates three retail academies in Dubai (U.A.E.), Jeddah and Riyadh (Saudi Arabia). The academies deliver an internationally recognised education programme, covering all areas of store management, to provide development opportunities to all front-office employees and ensure excellent customer service throughout the Group’s network of stores.
Our Regional Reach
The Group has strengthened its operations in the countries of the Middle East and India by opening offices to allow for a strong local presence. The Group’s local teams are experts in their own market, bringing strong local advice and ensuring excellence in execution. The regional management allows partner brands to have one point of contact to reach out to all the markets of the Middle East.
Our Strong Partnerships
Trust is embedded in the region’s deep-rooted societal values. Integral to trust is relationship building which the Chalhoub Group embodies through its long-term partnerships with brands, retailers and malls. This allows the Group to have a leading position in strategic negotiations, market entry and business opportunities.
Our Research & Development
The Group offers in-house research & development services as well as operationally relevant data ahead of competition, through:
- Market knowledge: competitive analysis, market modelling, industry and sector monitoring, macro-economic outlook
- Consumer insights: product and campaign testing, brand equity index, usage & attitudes, drivers and motivations, prospective research
- Knowledge sharing platform: unique internal online platform supporting the Group’s teams with in-depth reports on markets & consumers, best practice brand activities and inspiring communication trends adapted to our market specificities.
Our Retail Architecture & Design
The Chalhoub Group's dedicated retail architecture and design hub creates luxurious retail environments, adapting the styles and personality of each brand to the region.
- Creativity: creating creative and conceptual inspirational interior and architectural design for retail concepts and guest experiences
- Design development: developing customised detailed, technical and construction design solutions
- Project management: through a wealth of sources and contractors aligned to international standards
- Execution: developing inspirational and commercially driven visual merchandising environments for in-store decoration, store windows, events and animation
Our Plug & Play Services
One of the Group’s competitive advantages relies on its ability to enable smooth and efficient operations for our partner brands throughout the region, allowing them to focus on their core business. This is achieved by continuously sharing pertinent intelligence, developing our highly qualified resources and ensuring best-in-class and competitive in-house back-office services.
• Logistics: The Group offers agile and cost effective logistics support to all our partner brands, exemplified by a 73,500 square meter state-of-the-art ISO certified storage and handling facilities across 14 locations throughout the region. These facilities are backed by latest system technologies enabling accurate inventory control and the provision of comprehensive management information.
• Administration: Administration services ensure 100% compliance to local laws & regulations and provide best in-class tools and procedures to our partner brands.
• Safety & security: We deliver high standards of safety & security across all sites with services including authority liaisons, investigations, shrinkage control, stock loss, central command centre monitoring and entity assessments.
• Human Resources: Our partner brands can benefit from our human resources services such as recruitment through specialized recruiters within different functions; compensation and benefit with surveys and advice on market trends; always ensuring compliance with local labour law.
• Accounting: Accounting resources are offered with consistent structures in each market, centralisation of key activities in addition to optimised processes and internal controls.
• Legal: We offer specialised legal services and expertise in various fields through a partnership approach, proactive advice and highly competitive fees.
• IT: Our IT department offers a state of the art infrastructure with centralised support and ITIL processes ensuring best in class business systems, supporting our partners through industry best standards and efficient delivery system.